Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Go Pepsi!

Pepsi is doing the right thing in my book by linking a couple of things that I have talked about in my last two posts - generating optimism and looking to the Y generation or Millennials for hope. They have even done some research on the subject to be able to claim that this group is "particularly hopeful about the future, with 95% agreeing that it is important to maintain a positive outlook on life."

In fact "Pepsi Optimism Project" research on the mind-set of Millennials found that this particular generation is "more confident and excited about the future than any other."




I really wonder if this called for a Pepsi logo redesign - but I'm not totally opposed to what they have done - and I guess their research suggested that "...that 95% of Millennials make positive associations when they think of the word "change." They also associate the word with sentiments including "new," "progress," "hope" and "excitement." Regardless it was interesting to learn that this is Pepsi's 11th logo in its 110-year history.

I say bravo, Pepsi! Ignore the negative comments of Ray Graj, of Graj & Gustavson. Tell him to go ahead and stick his own head in the sand if that is the way he feels. Some people would suggest that any publicity is good publicity, but is this sense of negativity what you want to be known for Ray?

No comments:

Post a Comment